Sunday, November 7, 2010

the CLIMB

The trail climbs immediately after crossing a small, wooden makeshift bridge over Beas river, through the Solang village. Its not a very steep climb, but yes definitely gains height pretty rapidly. There was nothing spectacular that happened or we saw while climbing up, but yes, it was like an deja vu for me or rather I should say, memories from the past, were coming right in front of me. As if I know, what I would see at the next turn, or what I would expect beyond the next ridge… Soon I found myself standing at the place where I returned from my last trek. Patches of snow had covered that place rather than the lush greenery and colorful flowers that I saw last time round. We had moved ahead of Chander, because he was arranging stuff from his village. I found myself waiting at that place for Chander, Shubhodip and Dr Mondal. Chander arrived soon and he moved ahead to the camping ground to set up our stay. It was hardly 50m from where I was standing. I was waiting for the other two so I could direct them to the camping ground. After a while they arrived too…
If you would have seen my previous Patalsu blog (http://tazzo-patalsu.blogspot.com//) this was the spot where we returned from. Just beyond the snow patched ridge you see in the last photo was our campsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment